During the current health crisis, the IBO will be posting links to resources relevant to members and businesses coping with the impacts of the coronavirus.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with other business-related coronavirus information sources which we can share.
How we can all help and give back to those who have given so much:
Irish-American Meitheal In Support of Healthcare
This is a community effort to support our sisters and brothers in Healthcare as they struggle on the frontline against Covid-19 in the NY metro area. All funds raised will be used to provide material support and comfort to those in healthcare facing this crisis. Find out more and donate HERE.
COVID-19 Business Resources
from U.S. Chamber of Commerce
from Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
from U.S. Small Business Administration
from NYC Small Business Services
from Better Business Bureau
from America's SBDC (Small Business Development Centers)
from Enterprise Ireland
from Centers for Disease Control
For RELIABLE health information, visit
The City's Department of Health: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/index
The State Dept of Health: https://www.health.ny.gov/
The Federal Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
The Government of Ireland is recommending Irish citizens currently in the US, who normally reside in Ireland, to make arrangements to return home as soon as possible.
· Irish citizens are free to leave the US on any scheduled flights, and transatlantic flights continue to operate, albeit in reducing numbers and from a significantly reduced number of airports.
· This is a fast-moving situation, however, and flight restrictions and route cancellations are happening on a daily basis worldwide. As such, we strongly recommend all Irish citizens and residents wishing to return to Ireland to make provision to do so now.
· You should book or make changes to your existing booking directly with your airline, recognising that airlines’ call centres are under significant pressure.
· You should check regularly with your airline’s website and social media for status updates and for any additional information they may require before you can board.
· We strongly recommend that you do not travel to an airport without a confirmed booking.
· On return to Ireland, all travellers will be requested to restrict their movements for 14 days. Please heed this restriction carefully in order to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the wider community back home. Check the HSE website at https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/travel-and-coronavirus.html for the latest guidance.
Consulate working arrangements
· From Monday 23rd March until further notice the Consulate will be moving to an appointment-only service and only for emergency cases.
· Please note that most passports can now be renewed online at https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/ For those who cannot renew online, please mail or courier us your application.
· If you are in need of emergency assistance and to make an appointment you can contact the Consulate via https://www.dfa.ie/irish-consulate/newyork/contact-us/ or by calling +1 212 230 2480 and leaving a message.
· The mailbox and answering machine are both monitored regularly and a staff member will contact you as soon as possible.
· Please do not come to the Consulate without contacting us first.
· Please stay safe and reach out to us if you need us. For updates check twitter/facebook @IrelandinNY or www.dfa.ie/newyork
Seán Ó hAodha